Well hello you beautiful spring-time birds! If you’ve been around LK HQ even for a little bit, you know we are not shy about our love for spring cleaning. Chuck those chunky sweaters into storage until next season, pack up those ponchos, and demote those down jackets to storage – spring cleaning week is here & we have a plan!
Hello! Kelly here & about a month ago, my husband and I marked a Spring Cleaning Weekend on our calendars… and suddenly I’ve realized our Spring Cleaning Weekend is happening this weekend! (cue scary music)
Despite having lots of work ahead, spring cleaning has to be one of my favorite things to do. I love the feeling of a fresh start, a clean house, and the satisfaction of making sure we have only what we need.
I love the feeling of a fresh start, a clean house, and the satisfaction of making sure we have only what we need.
If you’re going to be spring cleaning, too, I recommend taking a peek at a couple of my favorite resources for living simply: Un-Fancy and The Minimalists! Both resources share a lot of amazing content — all about living simply and doing more by having less. Definitely worth reading!
We wouldn’t be prepared for our Spring Cleaning Weekend without a plan. Here are a few of my favorite tips for spring cleaning:
1. Clean room by room. Spring cleaning can be overwhelming when you think of your entire house. By cleaning room by room, you’ll allow yourself to feel accomplished when each room has been cleaned.
2. Clean from the top down. When dusting shelves and cleaning cabinets, you may find yourself getting the messy all over again. Clean high up surfaces first, so you can finish up by cleaning or vacuuming the floor.
3. Get organized. As you’re cleaning, be mindful of what you want to keep and what you want to donate. Create and fill a donation box along the way. When we’re finished cleaning our house, it’s super easy — and rewarding — to pack up the boxes and bring them to Goodwill for donating!
4. Use natural cleaning products, if possible. I’m a big fan of using natural cleaning products, for overall safety and wellness. (This is my favorite multi-surface cleaning product!)
5. Let the fresh air in. The best part about spring is finally being able to open windows and let fresh air in. I love the feeling of a spring breeze coming through our house.