Before you start thinking I’ve gone off the deep end, or have a penchant for psychedelics, hear me out… I’ve been adding mushrooms to my morning routine and it has been AMAZING! Mushrooms might just be the next big superfood and if they taste as good as Four Sigmatic’s, we are all in.
It is no secret that certain mushrooms are packed full of healthy heroes that help your immunity, digestion issues, and various other healing properties, but knowing, finding, and using those magic mushrooms has always been a bit of a hurdle. Luckily, a bunch of guys from Finland set out to make mushrooms (and all their good juju) more mainstream and now we have Four Sigmatic in all it’s glory.
Here’s the shroom boom breakdown:
- Mushrooms like reishi are adaptogens (turmeric is a popular adaptogen) meaning they help your body manage stress.
- Their blend gives you the boost of caffeine without the jitters, in fact, it actively works to heal your body from stress induced issues
- Reishi, Chaga, & Cordyceps are three main types of mushrooms the teas tend to focus on…
- Reishi is the Queen B of mushrooms because it helps regulate hormones, lower stress, and break down cortisol.
- Chaga has the highest source of antioxidants, helps lower cholesterol, and has been proven to help manage diabetes
- Cordyceps are really good for oxygen intake so it’s great for runners and athletes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (i.e. almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1 Four Sigmatic packet
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan, heat all ingredients to a simmer.
- Transfer the liquid to a blender and blend slowly until nice and frothy
- Pour into a mug and enjoy hot!
What do you think? Would you jump on the mushroom train? After a week of drinking their blends, I feel caffeinated without the jitters and have noticed that I am more steady and focused then ever before. Plus I feel bad ass because I am drinking mushrooms every morning.