Compensation for this post was provided by Huhtamaki Inc. for the Chinet® brand via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Huhtamaki Inc. for the Chinet® brand or AOL.
The air is starting to change, the nights are getting warmer, and the pull to be outside all the time is starting to set in. Summer is one of my absolute favorite times to entertain because it’s so effortless. Gathering a bunch of friends, firing up the grill, whipping up a batch of sangria, and having everyone over for backyard games, or for movies in the park – there are few things better.
Every year we host friends & family to kick off the start of summer with a big backyard summer kickoff. Everyone brings their favorite summer dish, or something to drink and the evening seems to last forever. We are all so thrilled to be hanging out outside, sipping on something cold & munching on summer snacks no one wants to leave.
As the host, there is absolutely no part of me that wants to worry about dishes or clean up. Just like our guests, I want to be playing in the yard & catching up with friends. That is why, every year at this time, I stock up on Chinet® Classic White™ disposable plates. They are perfect for a big crowd, to tuck in a picnic basket, or just to have on hand for the spontaneous backyard get-together. As much as I love being on dish duty, or packing a bunch of plastic plates in our basket, I would much rather spend that time with friends and family.
Now you’ve got the clean up part taken care of, what about the food? Sure, everyone is going to bring his or her favorite dish, but what about you? If you don’t already have a favorite go-to recipe that is sure to please a crowd, let me tempt you with these insanely easy pulled pork sliders. Five minutes to prep & throw it all in the slow cooker, come back a few hours later and you’ve got the perfect summer sandwich in just a few minutes. Serve alongside your favorite salads, or condiments and you’re well on your way to one heck of a summer bash!
- 2 lbs. of pork tenderloin
- 1 12oz bottle of root beer
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Put your pork tenderloin in a slow cooker & pour all 12 ounces of root beer on top of the meat. Cover & cook on low for 6 hours. You’ll know it’s done because it will be easy to shred with a fork
- Once meat is ready, drain & toss out the root beer. Place the meat back in the slow cooker and start to shred it with a fork. I like doing this in the slow cooker because it confines the mess, but if it is easier to do this on a cutting board, that works as well.
- Once meat is shredded & back in the slow cooker, pour the barbecue sauce over the pork & gently stir to combine. Keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Throw your hamburger buns on the burner or grill to quickly toast them, heap on the pulled pork, and serve up your delicious summer sandwich on a hearty Chinet® Classic White™ plate.
So, what do you think? Inspired to get outdoors this season & have a little get together at your house? Have everyone bring over their favorite dish, grab some Chinet® Classic White™ products so clean up is easy, and spend some quality hang time with friends! No muss, no fuss, just easy summer fun!
For more entertaining inspiration visit mychinet.com!