Happy Friday to you and yours! Constance here and I’ve got just the thing to kick off your weekend…or, more likely, brunch! Avocado Toast is all the rage right now & for good reason. It’s quick, delicious, and healthy! To be honest, I was not a fan of avocado or eggs before I married my wonderful husband. How, you say? I know those are basically two essential food groups to most Americans. Add to that scenario that I’m a vegetarian, and imagine how difficult it must have been for that boy to take me on a date. Ridiculous, I know. Nonetheless, he persevered through that struggle, and I have to say that marriage has changed me. I have a true love for these two now–especially this little combo. It is truly so easy and packed full of energy. So go forth friends, and celebrate your weekend with this little gem.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-4)
-4 slices of fresh sourdough bread
-red pepper flakes
-Slice the avocado open vertically and remove the pit. Cut each halve vertically once more to create quarters. Remove the skin from each quarter. Thinly slice the avocado and gently fan the slices out to create 4 fans.
-In a medium skillet, heat EVOO, salt, and pepper.
– Add the toast, turning to cover both sides with the oil mixture.
– Cook both sides of each slice of toast until lightly brown. Remove from skillet.
– Crack eggs one at a time into the skillet. Allow each egg to fry until the whites are cooked through and the edges begin to brown.
– Top each piece of toast with a fan of the sliced avocado and one fried egg.
– Sprinkle each piece of toast with red pepper flakes to taste.