Some say Thanksgiving is all about the turkey, but I happen to be a big fan of everything that accompanies the bird. Between the cranberry salad, stuffing, potato casserole, and pie, the real winner (in my personal opinion) of the table are the sides! For those of you trying to be a little more conscious of what you put into your mouth this holiday season, this roasted carrot recipe is for you! Full of vitamin D, this gorgeous carrot medley will keep you coming back for more!
– 2 bunches fresh carrots, peeled and trimmed
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp salt
– ½ tsp pepper
– 5 sprigs fresh thyme
– 2 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Slice the carrots in half lengthwise. In a large mixing bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
3. Arrange carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and scatter thyme sprigs overtop. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the carrots, and gently roll them around to coat. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and caramelized. Serve immediately.