You know when the weather starts warming up and all you want to do is be outside, eat ice cream, and drink on the porch with friends? We’ve been getting our first taste of summer here in Chicago and it’s got us itching for backyard barbecues & starry nights.
We know you love to entertain as much as we do so today we are sharing one of our absolute favorite go-to desserts. It combines two of our (well, everyone’s really) favorite things – beer & ice cream! But, don’t worry, we aren’t just using any beer, we are using triple distilled Belgian ale that will knock your socks off!
Meet your new favorite summer ale – Gulden Draak! More than 300 years in the making, this beer combines the traditional brewing techniques of Belgium along with the state of the art technology, which makes it one of the best-tasting beers in the world. Plus, it’s got a fun dragon on the bottle & who doesn’t love a fun logo?
So, in celebration of all things summer, backyard brews, and celebrating, we are bringing you the best warm weather dessert – the Gulden Sundae! The ale has a really nice undertone of caramel which goes perfectly with sundae toppings. You guys, this is one of our favorite concoctions yet & we can’t wait to serve them all summer long.
- Gulden Draak Ale (roughly one per two people)
- Vanilla Bean ice cream (you can use chocolate as well if you prefer)
- Chocolate sauce
- Optional: nuts, berries, and other fun ice cream sundae toppings.
- Pop a couple of glasses in the fridge before your friends come over so they are nice and frosty when you are ready for dessert. Once they are nice and frosty, put a few scoops of high quality vanilla bean (or chocolate!) ice cream in each glass & pour on some chocolate syrup.
- Grab a cold Gulden Draak Ale from the fridge & slowly pour over the ice cream until you’ve reached about half way up the glass.
- Top off with some nuts, more chocolate syrup, fresh berries, add a spoon & serve up!
- Prepare to whip up a few extra because these puppies are seriously delicious!
So, what do you think? Ready to serve up some sundaes at your next get together? I am serious, these are so good we sometimes just invite people over so we have an excuse to make them!