Well, hey party people! If your week was like mine, you deserve a good, strong cocktail. I am feeling a bit moody after the events of this week, so we whipped up a moody cocktail to match. Meet the Blackberry Gray. She is one part blackberry & one part Early Grey. She’s fiesty but refined, you know? Well, if you are still leery, whip one up for yourself!
- 1½ oz bourbon
- 1 oz chilled Earl Grey tea
- Dash of simple syrup
- 1 blackberry
- ½ oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- Muddle blackberry with simple syrup and crush out as much blackberry juice as you can.
- Add bourbon, Earl Grey tea, Pear Liqueur if using and ice. Stir until very cold.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a blackberry and a sprig of mint & voila!
See? Easy breezy! Just a little bit of muddling and a shake here & there and voila, a fabulous weekend cocktail! Mix me one up, I am coming over!