Merry Christmas, holiday babes! Lindsey here and we are whipping up a treat today! In the need of a last minute dessert that’s quick, easy and boozy?? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! A few years ago for my birthday, my husband gave me a Cuisinart ice cream maker and it literally changed my life. I jazzed up their traditional peppermint ice cream with a touch of booze and topped it off with espresso for the perfect after-Christmas-dinner-dessert. Enjoy!
1 cup of whole milk
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of peppermint extract
4 tablespoons of peppermint Schnaaps
2 drops red food coloring
Candy cane candies for garnish
1. A few hours prior to before serving, make the ice cream: In a medium bowl, whisk together whole milk and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Whisk in heavy cream
3. Add pinch of salt, vanilla, Peppermint Schnaaps and peppermint extract
4. Turn on the Cuisinart ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the food coloring through the top and let mix in completely. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
5. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving
6. Scoop into serving bowls or glasses and top with crushed candy canes
7. Pour in one shot of fresh espresso and garnish with a candy cane
Photos by Jessica Gold Photography