There is something about bourbon in the summertime that just seems to make everything alright. You know what I mean? If you’ve been following along, you know that we have been exploring the realms of whiskey based cocktails over the past few months with the help of our friends at Michter’s & it’s been a blast. I always thought of whiskey & bourbon as cooler weather spirits but thanks to gems like today’s Bourbon Sidecar – I have been proved wrong.
Do yourself a favor – swing by and pick up a bottle of Michter’s Bourbon, call some friends over this weekend, and whip up a few of these Sidecars. Ridiculously easy to make & always delicious, the Bourbon Sidecars are quickly becoming a “sip on the patio” weekend drink at the Kelp house. Give it a try & tell us what you think!
- 4 ounces Michter's Bourbon
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- Fill your shaker with ice & add in your Michter's bourbon, Cointreau, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Shake until the shaker is frosted (about 15-20 seconds or so)
- Strain into your glass & enjoy!