If you like your desserts light, tender, and with a side benefit of healthy (comparatively), this Honey Almond Cake recipe is absolutely for you. As desserts go, I don’t judge based on health benefits because, to be honest, I don’t really mind a little indulgence. Desserts are supposed to be decadent and immensely satisfying. Now, don’t get me wrong, I play it smart. I’ll absolutely pass on the less satisfying Snickers bar for the fabulous Gelato I might have later in the week, but the best part of this Honey Almond Cake recipe is that it is truly, truly divine. It’s fluffy while still maintaining lush inside & the honey glaze is simply elegant. It’s good fun to make & it will absolutely be a fast favorite!
2 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
1/2 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Cup of Honey
1 Cup of Butter (room temperature)
1/2 Cup of Strong Brewed Coffee (Cold)
2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon of Almond Extract
1 1/2 Cups of Chopped Nuts (optional)
WARM HONEY GLAZE INGREDIENTS
1/2 Cup of Honey
2 Tablespoons of Coffee
1/2 Tablespoon of Almond Extract
Fleur de Sel
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter and set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for two minutes, and add honey and sugar. Beat for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add half the flour mixture, and mix until combined. Add the coffee, and mix until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and combine. Add the sour cream and nuts, and beat until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
5. Heat the honey and coffee for the glaze in a small saucepan until warm and runny. Add the almond extract and mix. While the cake is still warm, pour the honey mixture over the top.
6. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve warm.