Holiday time is coming, which means ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS BAKED GOODS! Delicious pies for Thanksgiving, cookie parties with friends, and all of the fabulous chocolate desserts for Christmas. It seems everywhere I go these days, there are adorable little holiday treats calling my name. And, how do you say ‘no’ to a pumpkin spice macaroon?!
This year, I am buckling down and trying to be a better holiday eater…and by that I mean, not eating everything in sight. So, thanks to my new resolve, I have been munching on healthy snacks – like this insane savory rosemary nut mix – to help lure me away from visions of sugar plum everything.
Best part? This nut mix is insanely delicious! Beyond simple to whip up, perfect for a healthy snack to grab & go, or set out at your next party…and don’t even get me started about how good this mix is on a cheese board – INSANELY GOOD!! So, what do you say, give it a quick peruse & let me know what you think! Trust me, you’ll be hooked!
- 2 ½ Cups of Mixed Raw Nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, macadamia, almonds)
- 2 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 2 heaping TBS Fresh Rosemary – finely chopped
- 1 TBS Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place the nuts in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, cumin, cayenne, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized sauté pan, over medium low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Add the nuts to the sauté pan, stir and toss to completely coat.
- Transfer the seasoned nuts to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until nuts are toasted and light golden in color, about 10-15 minutes, tossing once half way through baking. Allow the nuts to cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl or a container with a tight fitting lid.
Looking for another fun way to be mindful this holiday season? Erica from Everything Erica is sharing how to repurpose all your holiday leftovers at the Macy’s on State Street in Chicago this Thursday (Nov.17) at noon! Interested? Learn more here!