Looking for a healthy go-to salad this season? Ideal for a make-ahead lunch or a super healthy dinner, this Chickpea & Sweet Potato salad packs one heck of a protein punch and is a delicious addition to your healthy recipe arsenal. It might look super green, but don’t be fooled, no flavor has been compromised. Just really delicious ingredients to help you on your health journey. Tell us what you think! xoxo, LK
Hey all, Joanna here! So the weather has been getting a bit toasty in Arizona. I assume you’re noticing some warmer temps where you are as well; if not, enjoy it. For me, the first day reaching a high of 75 degrees is a sign I need to clean up my eating regiment. Cleaning up my diet is not just so I can wear my cute bikini poolside, but it’s to offset much of what I indulged in during the winter.
What can I say? I ate more hearty, rich foods than any person should. Fortunately, switching to healthier eats isn’t bad when you play around with fun ingredients, like tahini and roasted chickpeas. You can find both ingredients in my chickpea and sweet potato power salad. It’s the first of many power salads I’ll be sharing here, so make sure to come back for more of my recipes soon.
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bunch green kale, stems removed and leaves hand-torn
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ - ½ cup feta
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook red quinoa according to the package. Once cooked, set aside in a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Dry the chickpeas completely on a dish towel and combine with the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and season with garlic powder and paprika.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl, adding feta to your preference.
- In a separate bowl, add all the dressing ingredients, and whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Dress the salad and enjoy.