Okay, okay, so I know that White Russians are typically a cold weather drink but I am going to question that cocktail norm. White Russians are always so delicious & wonderfully decadent and they always make me feel like I’m having a treat when I sip on one – you know what I mean?
I had a hankering for one the other evening after dinner & while I could do without the cream (dear #summerbod) I wanted that iced coffee taste. So, I improvised and found the best new summer pick-me up – The Dark Chocolate White Russian. Y’all, it’s scary good.
Swap out that heavy cream for your favorite Nutchello flavor (I used Rich Dark Chocolate & Walnuts) and voila! The cocktail doesn’t lose it’s consistency or feeling of decadence, but the heaviness of the cream is swapped out. Plus the nut-based beverage is vegan, so you’re basically super healthy now.
All I know is that on a hot afternoon when I need a little pick-me-up after work, this is going to be my go-to cocktail for a while. The mix of the nutty flavor, chocolate base, and coffee liqueur is basically what dreams are made of. Give it a try & let me know what you think!
- 4 ounces of Silk Rich Dark Chocolate & Walnut Nuctchello
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 3 ounces of coffee liqueur
- Few handfuls of ice
- Sprig of mint, for garnish
- Add a small handful of ice to each glass & pour in your vodka and coffee liqueur.
- Pour in your Nutchello on top. For a richer chocolate taste, use a larger glass & add to taste.
- Gently stir, garnish, and sip, serve, repeat!