Hey, hey, it’s FRIDAY! Do y’all have fun summer plans? We are going to a 90s themed party tonight & you better believe I’ve been rocking out to some Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, & Christina Aguilera. It’s been glorious! But, never fear, I haven’t let me duties of prepping for National Ice Cream day fall by the wayside. We whipped up the most fun DIY dipped ice cream cones yesterday and they are nothing short of amazing.
Crush up some Chex Mix, pretzels, M&M’s, Oreo’s, sea salt flakes, or whatever else tickles your fancy & get ready for the easiest gourmet trick of your life. Seriously, this elevates ice cream to a whole new level & it’s way fun. Have some friends over, and make them quick before dinner, stick ’em in the freezer so afterwards you’ve got a custom cone! Talk about hostess with the mostess in under 5 minutes!
- Waffle Cones
- Dark Chocolate (or milk chocolate or white chocolate, up to you)
- Chex Mix
- Caramel Corn
- Sea Salt
- Sprinkles with a fun shape
- Pretzels (crushed)
- Coconut Flakes
- Really, whatever you want
- Melt your chocolate preference (we used dark chocolate) according to the package directions. PRO TIP: Melt the chocolate in a pan that allows for easy dipping.
- Flip your cone upside down & tilt the pan so more chocolate falls to one side, this allows for easy dipping access. Gently dip the cone in the melted chocolate a few times to get a nice thick layer.
- Once coated well, sprinkle the chocolate part with crushed up toppings. I held my cone over a bowl and spun the cone slowly as I sprinkled toppings with my other hand, going over it a few times to ensure a good covering.
- Carefully lay the cone on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until set & then have at it!