Hello, hello my favorite festive babes! How are you doing post-holiday? I for one have had a very, very slow start to 2017. Burn out is real and 2016 was full of it. I am taking my time & easing back into the swing of things, but in true LK form, we thought we would kick things off with a fun cocktail. Meet my favorite celebratory libation – the French 75!
The French 75 is particularly special to me, because we had them at our engagement party many moons ago. They always remind me of something special and fun. No matter where I am or what I am doing, if I have something to celebrate, a birthday, something big at work, I whip up a French 75 and cheers to the magic.
Do you have a drink like that? I am always so curious about how people celebrate. I would love to know!
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup chilled champagne
- With a pairing knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled glass & top with chamapgne
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.
I mean…just look at it, she is so pretty! How can you go wrong with chilled champagne and gin? It’s like magic in a glass! Cheers, my friends