It’s finally spring, and we’re officially drowning in all things citrus here in the desert. This is hands down my favorite time of the year. There’s this beauty and newness that spurs me to simplify and enjoy every little thing. You may soon notice a theme revolving around these beautiful pink grapefruit, and it’s no mistake. We here at LaurenKelp.com are striving to use our resources, eat (and drink!) seasonably, and shop smarter. We want to intentionally use all of our produce, whether it comes from the store or our own backyard.
These main ingredients just so happen to come directly from my backyard, and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. And you guys – this grapefruit & mint mojito cocktail is so light and refreshing. It’s the perfect way to celebrate this Thirsty Thursday. Cheers to you and yours!
– 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves (about 8 leaves)
– 2 oz rum
– 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
– 1/2 oz lime juice
– 1 oz club soda
– Grapefruit wedge or wheel for garnish
– Place 1/2 of the mint leaves in your glass and muddle gently
– Stir together the rum, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ice until the drink has chilled
– Top with a splash of club soda
– Garnish with fresh mint spig and grapefruit wedge or wheel