There is something about summer that makes me want to eat fruit with every meal & thanks to this delicious honey strawberry muffin recipe by our fabulous food contributor Elizabeth, it’s beyond easy! xoxo, LK
Howdy, friends! Elizabeth here & last summer I tried to make muffins like once a weekend and it was the BEST. I feel like every house guest loves waking up to the smell of fresh muffins. They take me less than ten minutes to whip together and they taste delicious! Snag one warm and top with butter and honey. That’s serious perfection.
HONEY STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 muffins
- 1½ Cups of flour
- 1 Cup of diced strawberries
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- ¼ Canola Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray muffin/cupcake pan evenly with a non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl crack the egg and whisk with the sugar until just combined. Add in the canola oil, vanilla extract, almond milk and whisk together. Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture in three equal parts, whisking after each addition. Do not over mix. The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Fold in the strawberries gently with a spatula. Pour the batter into your cupcake/ muffin tin sprayed with non-stick spray. I poured mine until the top of the cup and this made a large muffin, you can pour the cup half way for a smaller muffin (believe me, you'll want the larger muffin!).
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake at 425F for 5 minutes and then turn the oven down to 350F for an additional 20 minutes. Note: everyone's oven is different so your cooking time may vary. Place a knife or a toothpick inside the middle of a muffin, if the knife comes out cleanly they're finished. Wait about ten minutes and you've got yourself a delectable warm muffin!