Well, hello, hello party people! How is your summer shaping up? Chicago is finally acting like herself again and we’ve got blue skies and sun for days. It’s a nice change for the Austin and Phoenix summers we are used to!
Okay, okay, so you know how we like any excuse to celebrate over here on LaurenKelp.com, well I think that summer is a fantastic reason to celebrate! That is why we are making breakfast approved milkshakes! Yep, milkshakes in the morning. It’s a thing and it’s magical.
We just discovered the flavored iced coffee from International Delight & it’s changed my morning routine. Move over mimosas on Saturday, it’s all about these Mocha Coffee Milkshakes! Grab the 3 minute recipe below and get to sippin’ 🙂
- 1 container of International Delight Iced Coffee, Mocha
- 2 cups ice
- Chocolate syrup, for garnish & inside of glass
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 3 crumbled chocolate chip cookies, for rim
- Fill a small bowl with chocolate syrup & dip the rim of a tall glass in the chocolate syrup a few times to create a thick coating on the rim.
- Crumble up a few cookies & sprinkle on chocolate rim. Make sure to hold the glass horizontally & sprinkle the cookies on top of the syrup while turning the glass.
- Take the remaining chocolate syrup and slowly drizzle on inside rim of the glass. This allows the chocolate to run down the inside of the glass. Place glasses in freezer.
- Wait a minute or two, or until the pooled chocolate at the bottom of the glass is hard, and remove from freezer. Add in a handful of ice cubes and pour in International Delight's Iced Mocha Coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and a cookie or two. Enjoy!
So party people, what do you think? Not crazy about Mocha flavored coffee? You are in luck! International Delight has Caramel Macchiato & Vanilla as well. If that doesn’t scream an excuse to play around with milkshakes and try out new flavors, I don’t now what does.
Tag us in your morning iced coffee milkshake – we would love to see what you come up with!