Looking for that perfect appetizer for a girl’s night in? You’re in luck! These delicious cantaloupe & prosciutto skewers by Kristen Kilpatrick from our Bridal Brunch are ideal for a quick and simple get together with your besties, or a simple brunch with Mom for Mother’s Day! Full of refreshing melon flavor paired with creamy mozzarella cheese and savory prosciutto, this is a simple appetizer is definitely a crowd pleaser. See the full recipe below!
– 20 cantaloupe circles (about 2 ½ cups!)
– 20 thin slices prosciutto
– 20 fresh small mozzarella cheese balls (about 1 [8-oz.] tub)
– 20 (4-inch) wooden skewers
1. We created a balsamic reduction sauce to drizzle on top by adding 2 cups of balsamic vinegar and some orange slices + zest!
2. Next you just pour your vinegar into a small non-reactive sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
3. Turn the heat to low reduce the vinegar for about 30-40 minutes or until the vinegar has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. You should end up with just more than 1/2 a cup. Remove your orange slices and pour into your container!
5. Using a stainless steel melon baller, scoop fresh cantaloupe into balls to be skewered with delicious mozzarella and a slice of savory prosciutto.
6. Garnish wish a splash of balsamic reduction and local honey. Plate & serve!