Because you’ve worked hard all week & it still doesn’t feel like Fall outside, we are celebrating the weekend with the end of summer margarita that you’ll be sure to love. Peaches AND basil AND margarita, it’s the best pairing on a Friday! Scroll down to see the most delicious recipe from Laurel & enjoy! – xoxo LK
Hello there, my friends! It’s Laurel again, and this time I’ve got a new spin on an old classic that you’re sure to love….the Peach Basil Margarita. This is a tasty, peachy little concoction that I’ve privately been referring to as the ‘Peaches & Herb’, while busting hopelessly dorky disco moves around the kitchen (Peaches & Basil…reunited, and it feels so good!). What, you don’t dance while you shake up a cocktail? You need to seriously up your cocktail game, friends. It’s all about that vintage shoulder shimmy.
Okay, seriously, even without the dancing, this is one refreshing warm weather beverage that you need to shake up immediately. Like the old school R&B duo it gets its nickname from, these ingredients are a match made in heaven. That sultry, late summer peach flavor plays well against the other drink components, helping to smooth out and mellow the tequila’s bite just enough to keep you coming back for one more sip. Before you know it, summer will be over….but until then, there’s still time for a Peach Basil Margarita!
– 1 1/2 cups cubed yellow peaches (about two large peaches)
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 5 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
– 1 oz Cointreau
– 3 oz tequila
– coarse salt
1. In a blender or food processor, add peaches, water, sugar, lime juice and fresh basil, puree until smooth.
2. Wet the rim of your margarita glasses and dip in coarse salt (optional, but traditional).
3. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add Cointreau and tequila, top with peach puree.
4. Cover and shake, then strain into two glasses and serve. Garnish with fresh basil, and shake your groove thing.