Well, if you can’t drink it, use it as a scrub? Just kidding, but seriously – we might have just completed the perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte circle with this new DIY body scrub. It’s amazing, it does an amazing job, and you basically smell like Autumn all the time. Don’t hate the PSL until you’ve tried it 😉 – xoxo, LK
Hooray! Yesterday was the first official day of Fall! I couldn’t be more excited for the season of changing leaves, sweaters, and of course hot Starbucks! The Pumpkin Spice Latte is surely the biggest hit once September arrives. It’s warm flavor mixed with just the right amount of spice is the perfect addition to the changing season. While I myself am not a coffee drinker, whenever a friend orders a PSL I can’t help but want to bury my nose in their cup and keep the scent with me all day. Of course as a beauty junkie, I had to figure out how to replicate the scent in some sort of skin product. I am a huge advocate for scrubs, and making homemade ones is one of my favorite things to do! So after a bit of experimenting in the kitchen, I finally found the perfect balance to making your very own PSL Body Scrub!
– 1/2 cup ground coffee beans
– 2 tbs coconut oil
– 1 tsp pumpkin spice
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
*Makes enough for one full body scrub use.
1. Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
2. Make sure your coconut oil is room temperature. It may not look all that appealing, but it smells like heaven!
3. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until use
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO USE:
1. For best results, take a hot shower so that your pores can open up and be ready for cleansing.
2. I recommend stepping out of the water or turning it off to apply the scrub. Apply in circular motions all over your body, then let it sit for 5-10 minutes so it can soak up all the goodness from the coffee and coconut oil.
3. Rinse off and pat dry.
4. There will likely be some oil on the bottom of your shower, so take caution while stepping out not to slip!
5. Feel how amazing & soft your new PSL kissed skin feels!
The other great thing about this scrub is because of the amount of coconut oil, it isn’t dry, and can be easily be applied to dry skin as well! Just be sure you do it in the shower to avoid coffee grounds all over your floor. Again, apply in circular motions, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse off.
After my initial use of the PSL Body Scrub, I found myself back in the kitchen making more. Not only does it smell divine, your skin will fill silky smooth afterward. I am so excited to use this throughout the dry fall and winter seasons – I may even make some as little gifts for my girlfriends!