Happy, happy Friday, my friends! I’ve been in sunny, beautiful DC this week and since we’ve had perfect 70 degree days, the trees are electric orange, and everyone is walking around with a smile on their face – I thought it was time to share this yummy cocktail we’ve been whipping up all season long – the Rosemary Mezcal Apple Cider.
Now, for those of you leery about Mezcal – you shouldn’t be! Especially the brand we used – El Silencio. An artisanally made, 100% agave, organic Mezcal made in Oaxaca, Mexico, this puppy is deliciously smooth, light and smokey, and perfect for a well-crafted cocktail.
Add some rosemary, a little lime juice, some apple slices, and a dash of agave & you’ve got yourself a seriously delicious autumnal cocktail. Hey, it’s not snowing & blistering out yet, so let’s celebrate fall a little longer!
- 8 ounces El Silencio mezcal
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 cups unfiltered apple cider
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- ice to shake, and ice to serve
- few pinches sea salt
- apple slices, to garnish
- Pour mezcal, lime juice, agave, apple cider, and a few pinches of sea salt into cocktail shaker. Stir to incorporate agave.
- Pinch off a few rosemary leaves and muddle into liquid for just a few seconds, crushing against base of cocktail shaker to release flavor.
- Add ice, cap cocktail shaker, and shake. Pour through strainer into glasses with large ice cube and garnish with rosemary sprigs and apple slices.