What do y’all think of French Fry week? Between Elizabeth’s Pad Thai fries & Laurel’s Parmesan & Rosemary oven fries we’ve been happy gals in the LK Test Kitchen. But have no fear, sweet potato fans! We wouldn’t leave you out. Get ready for the most delicious, eat to make, & even easier to eat Cinnamon Spice Sweet Potato fries. I am typically not a sweet potato fry gal, but this has changed my ways! xoxo, LK
Howdy friends, Elizabeth here! There is something that is so decadent in mixing sweet and savory together. It is like the tom-boy of the french fry world. Salty and spicy on the outside and warm and sweet on the inside. These sweet potato fries are seriously going to give your taste buds a run for their money. They are the perfect date to a turkey burger and are great dipped in marshmallow fluff for a little dessert decadence. While fries are mostly thought of as salty and savory here is the sweetie. Be sure to bake them not to close together and give them plenty of room to breathe while cooking to ensure optimum crispiness!
2 Large sweet potatoes cut into thin slices
3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Tablespoon of honey or pure maple syrup
1 Teaspoon of kosher salt
1/4 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon of paprika
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper
2 Pinches of red pepper flake
+ Cinnamon Ketchup
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl combine and toss all of your ingredients very well making sure all of the spices are evenly distributed
3. Arrange fries on two baking sheets so there is space in between each piece, allowing them not to touch. This will allow them to cook more evenly.
4. Place in the middle rack of an oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
5. Serve with cinnamon flavored ketchup – 1/4 cup ketchup + 1 teaspoon of cinnamon