Is there anything better than a warm weather brunch? The sun is out, every one is in a good mood, the champagne is flowing – it’s just magic all around. As you know, I love any (and all) excuses to throw a get together and hosting a brunch around a fabulous new serving dish is right up my alley. This weekend it was all about this gorgeous new Fleur Cocotte from Le Creuset.
Normally, I am very minimal and utilitarian about my dishes, but there is something about the embossed flowers on the lid and base of the cocotte that I couldn’t resist. Plus, it has a lovely matte finish that makes me feel all sexy and European when I am cooking.
IN FACT, I love it so much we are going to GIVE ONE AWAY!! Hop on over to @Lauren_Kelp and enter to win.
That way we can be cooking twinzies and make all sorts of delicious fun things in our fancy new Fleur Cocotte
Speaking of delicious things, have you tried a carrot ginger soup? Sister, I am hooked! We made one a few months ago and they have been on steady repeat ever since. I love this recipe (don’t worry, it’s below) because it’s light, fresh, super good for you, and wildly easy to make. PLUS, it is a dream for entertaining. It’s pretty and tasty – what could be better?
Keep scrollin’ on down for the recipe…
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- Heat ½ cup broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ginger, carrots, potato and remaining broth and heat to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In batches, carefully puree in a blender.
- Add water or broth if needed to thin to desired consistency.
- Reheat soup if necessary. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with chives.
Are you convinced yet that you need the Fleur Cocotte in your life? Don’t forget to head over to @Lauren_Kelp for your chance to win one! Giveaway is open to US only (sorry!) and we will be picking the winner tomorrow!
SHOP THE BRUNCH