Ooh guys, this is the cocktail you’ve been looking for – I just know it. The weather is heating up and you’ve been searching for that perfect cocktail to cool you down, spice things up, and whip up during those backyard parties. Well my party-lovers, look no further because it’s all about the Frida Mezcal Mule.
Technically, Frida has nothing to do with the cocktail, I just really like her so I thought I would name it after her. This cocktail is full of mezcal magic and it’s perfect for all your smokey whiskey drinkers, tequila mavens, and those of you looking to expand your booze breadth. It’s out of control good.
I fell in love with mezcal when we lived in Austin & there was this little hut behind a bar called Clive Bar that was a mezcal tasting hut. Truthfully, I walked in because I thought it was the bathroom (oops!) and walked out a changed gal.
Mezcal is smokey and magnificent and just tastes like adventure. Give this puppy & try and tell me what you think! I would love to know your other favorite mezcal concoctions! Drink up, babes.
- 1 cup of Mezcal
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of cold ginger beer
- Several handfuls of crushed ice
- Lime wedges, agave nectar, & sliced jalapeños for garnish
- Grab a large pitcher & pour in 1 cup of Mezcal, 2 cups of ginger beer, lime juice, and sweeten to taste with agave nectar & stir gently.
- Fill your Moscow mule glasses with crushed ice & pour the cocktail mixture in until about halfway full. Top off with ginger beer, a drizzle or two of agave nectar, and garnish with some jalapeño sticks*.
- *To get a jalapeño stick, just cut longways along the pepper instead of across it.