Hooray! It’s Friday! You made it to the end of the week & we think that is cause for celebration. Whether it was the best week of your life (in that case, CONGRATS!) or kind of crummy (we all have ’em), there is no better way to transition into the weekend than with a little cocktail. If you happen to be partial to citrus and fresh herbs, this cocktail is an absolute must. Perfect for a long soak in the tub, entertaining guests, or whipping up one for you and the roommate, the clementine and rosemary mimosa is absolutely divine.
So, what do you say? Meet us for drinks after work? We will have one waiting for you!
CLEMENTINE AND ROSEMARY MIMOSA
– ½ cup fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 cups water
– Rind from 3 clementines, cut into thin strips & pith removed
Rosemary Clementine Mimosa
– 1 oz clementine juice
– ½ oz lime juice
– ½ oz rosemary syrup
– 3 oz prosecco
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP
1. In a medium sauce pan combine sugar and water, heat over medium high to high stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves and it comes to a low boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the rosemary and rind. Give it a good stir, cover, and let sit until it comes to room temperature.
4. If you want a strong flavor than refrigerate it over night before straining. If it’s to your liking, go ahead and strain it through a mesh strainer lined with cheese cloth.
5. Will keep indefinitely bottles in the fridge.
1. Stir the lime juice, syrup, and clementine juice together.
2. Pour prosecco into a glass and top with the syrup mixture.
3. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and a clementine twist.
4. Using a lit match, take small slice of orange peel and squeeze it in the direction of the lit match over the cocktail. The oil from the peel will leave a smokey citrus flavor.