HAPPY FRIDAY! Woohoo! How should you celebrate the end to this hectic week? This delicious peach basil gin & tonic of course! I will never tire of a well made gin & tonic. There is something so crisp and delicious about it and this little twist takes this classic to an entirely new level. I mean PEACH and BASIL! Get out!! It’s like the best flavors of summer decided to get together and have a pool party…but the pool is gin…and it’s amazing.
Y’all, this is about to change your summer beverage game for the better. Don’t believe me? Try it and tell me I am wrong! If you don’t like it, pass it our way and we will happily help a sister out 😉
- 1 fresh white peach (cut into quarters)
– Fresh basil
– 2 oz Gin (we used St. George Dry Rye and it works beautifully)
– 3 oz Tonic or seltzer
1. Place a quartered ripe peach and a few large basil leaves in your shaker.
2. Add a splash of your favorite gin and muddle together.
3. Add 2oz of gin to the shaker and top with crushed ice. Cap and shake vigorously for 15 seconds to chill.
4. Fine strain (or cheese cloth) into a coupe glass and top with 3oz of tonic (or seltzer for a lower calorie treat).
5. Float a basil leaf to garnish and enjoy.