Well, howdy friends! Today we are talking about one of my favorite spring holidays – Mother’s Day! I love this holiday because moms are great. Whether you are a mom (fur babies totally count), soon-to-be mom, or have a mom – every gal deserves to be celebrated a little.
Often it is a holiday that slips through the cracks (sorry, moms!) but not this year. You’ve read this post, you’ve done your shopping, and your mom is going to be pleased out of this world! Favorite daughter of the year just got earned & it’s totally you.
To celebrate Mother’s Day this year, we wanted to do something relaxed & easy but still fun to give Mom the love she deserves, so we are planning on having a brunch at the house! When it comes to entertaining, we are firm believers in being simple & authentic. It’s easier, honest, and really, much more delightful. So, when it comes to entertaining Mom & the ones you love most, relax and have a little fun!
So here is our three-step plan on throwing the perfect low-key Mother’s Day brunch at home:
- Clean the house. Moms love (and deserve) a clean house, so spend a little time the day before & put a little extra elbow grease into high traffic areas, the bathroom, and grab some flowers to put on the tables. Flowers put everyone in a good mood & they are like a big happy bow on a freshly cleaned space.
- Prepare a menu! Maybe it’s because we lived in Texas for a bit or maybe it’s just because we’ve never met a taco we didn’t like, either way breakfast tacos are the main attraction on our brunch menu & everyone is excited. Easy to make & wildly delicious to eat, these roasted vegetable breakfast tacos are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Just roast up some veggies, scramble up some eggs, add in some hash browns (or lettuce if you are being carb conscious) & top if off with our super secret Hidden Valley® Orignal Ranch® crema recipe.
- Don’t forget the gift! This is the most important part. Whether it’s a card, a little love note, or that big gift she has been eyeing, your love & those killer breakfast tacos are more than a Mom could ask for!
– 1 tablespoon of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
– 1 tablespoon of lime juice
– ½ cup of sour cream
– Finely chopped cilantro leaves (a small handful is perfect)
– Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together your Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, lime juice, sour cream, cilantro leaves, & 1 tablespoon of water until thoroughly mixed.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste & either spread the crema as a base on a warm tortilla (pile on your eggs & veggies, YUM!) or use it to top off your master breakfast taco.
Now for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, tell me in the comments below, how will you spend Mother’s Day this year?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by email. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 5/6/2016 – 6/26/2016
Be sure to visit the Hidden Valley® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!