I was at a swank little coffee shop in the West Loop the other day and saw “Golden Latte” on the menu, so naturally, I ordered it because it sounded weird and maybe magical and I have to say…I was very pleasantly surprised!
Little did I know that this fancy latte has a cult following. You’ve heard of matcha lattes, but have you heard of the latest wonder drink – turmeric lattes? From Sydney to San Fran, people are ditching their morning cups of joe for this healthy alternative and swearing by it’s many magical benefits.
What are the benefits you ask?
- potent antioxidant
- boosts immunity and brain power
- aids in muscle pain relief
- helps with digestion
- reduces cholesterol
- lowers risk of diabetes
- helps fight infection, depression, anxiety, and I am sure a bunch of other annoying ailments
- PLUS it’s amazing for your skin and a great source of natural caffeine
Okay, so here is my health challenge for the week — I am going to swap out two of my weekly morning cups of coffee for turmeric lattes and see how it goes. Join me?
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Combine turmeric, ginger, sugar, and coconut oil in a blender and wait to blend
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
- Pour the hot almond milk into the blender and blitz everything until smooth and frothy.
- Serve, sip, & enjoy!