Remember our recent Dinner With Friends story – the clam bake on Martha’s Vineyard? Well, we aren’t done yet with our little Cape adventure. Today we are whipping up this delicious, Vineyard-inspired, galia melon gin & tonic. In my book, there isn’t anything better than a perfectly crafted gin & tonic and this one might just be a new favorite. See for yourself…Hello again! Belen here and I am so excited to share this twist on a gin & tonic we developed. Martha’s Vineyard in the summer is a magical place. Cool sea breezes, lovely beaches and the most adorable towns! Our routine usually goes something like this. Check out one of the towns in the morning, beach in the afternoon, then cocktails and dinner.
On our way back from the beach one hot and steamy afternoon, we stopped at a roadside farm stand and found an amazing looking and smelling melon called a Galia. Perfect for a summer drink! So my husband and I whipped up this yummy cocktail for us all to enjoy. Its super easy and perfect for a summer evening.
– Handful of mint
– A few limes
– Gin (we prefer Farmer’s Botanical Gin)
– 1 galia melon
– Muddle a palmful of mint in 3 oz lime juice
– In a chilled shaker, mix the following: gin (1.5 oz), melon puree (2.5 oz), and 1/2 oz of the mint/lime muddle liquid
– Into a collins glass, pour shaken mixture over ice
– Top with tonic and 2 muddled mint leaves and garnish with a slice of lime
* Makes enough for 6
Photography & Cocktail Recipe by Belen Aquino