Happy Monday, y’all! We’re kicking off the week with another delicious recipe from our Colorful Bridal Luncheon. This zesty orange and mint watermelon salad is full of bold flavors and gorgeous color, perfect for a summer party or trip to the lake. The flavors of the fruit are totally kicked up a notch thanks to the mint, and when the balsamic is added, pure bliss! Nothing we’ve ever made has tasted this much like summer and we can’t wait for y’all to try it!
– 1/4 of a small (6-pound) seedless watermelon, rind removed, flesh cut into cubes
– 1 large orange, peel and pith removed, flesh cut into cubes
– 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
– 2 ounces feta cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
– 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
– 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
– Light drizzle with orange infused balsamic vinegar
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
1. Cut your fruit and orange slices into a square formation. This shape looks extra nice for presentation and is easy to pick up with a toothpick!
2. On a serving platter, arrange watermelon, orange, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve, have your guests be impressed, and enjoy!